Well we’re chuffed to bits to receive acknowledgement for our blog from Paige Watts (who’s got an awesome blog as well!). This is our first award with hopefully more to follow, although we still just do this for the pure enjoyment of writing and telling our stories!
What is the Blogger Recognition Award?
The blogger recognition award is a recognition from other bloggers for the hard work and creative content that other bloggers put in. This includes the dedication to keep our sites going as well as everything been kept current and updated. Paige nominated us and not only is her content great, her whole inspiration for starting and naming it was from the U.K. which we particularly like! She’s got a load of useful travel stuff that has been published, so definitely check her out. Thanks Paige 🙂
How did our blog start?
Funnily enough, not as a couple! Well, not boyfriend and girlfriend. It was with a friend of mine. I wanted to talk about working life with the want of travel and he wanted to talk about his modelling life and what it’s like behind the glam… He got disinterested and it became a travel blog, sharing all of our experiences as we go around the world. Even when we aren’t travelling, it’s great to top it up with recent experiences or taking a look back at times gone by.
Advice for new bloggers?
- Be yourself. Don’t adapt to acclimatise to everyones needs. Your blog is your own expression and it’s a space where you can openly speak, vent or displace, within reason! Above all, have a laugh with it!
- Write when you feel like it, otherwise you may write a whole heap of tosh that neither your readers, or yourself, are interested in!
- Dippy-Dotty Girl
- Under Western Skies
- Always a foreigner
- Toni Pike
- Dawn Hirn
- Our Traveling Tales
- Street Photography
- Love Travelling Around the World
- Paige Minds the Gap
- Streets of Nuremberg
- Third Eye Mom
- Stuff and What If
- Pensive Palindrome
- Wild About Scotland
The Blogger Recognition Award Rules
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.